A new Forms Management System is being implemented at United Health Services. The software product is called FormFast. You will now see a link on the clinical page called FormFast which will be located under Unitedhealth.net. Access will be granted once your unit goes live on this product.
The first unit to go live is Ambulatory Surgery at WMH on March 26, 2007.
Items that will change:
1) Clinical forms will be produced from this system. Forms must be generated from this software product, a cut off date will be determined for each unit as you go live. (Note: Not all forms have been loaded online - this is a work in progress - as forms are loaded they can be used. )
2) Embossers will be removed once all sites are live. The documents will contain the data the embosser used to produce.
3) Wristbands and Labels will be produced from this product.
4) Labels will be used instead of the embosser for outside correspondence.
5) BarCodes will be on the forms which will identify the patient and the form number.
1) Forms will not be stored on the unit. Nursing will no longer need to worry about form revisions. Once a form is revised, it will be available house wide.
2) Embossers, Zebras and fax machines will be phased out.
3) New printers will be installed - Xerox WorkCentre - which will allow you to fax, copy, print documents, labels and wristbands.
4) No longer need to punch holes in the paper stock. Paper stock is prepunched.
Should you have any questions, feel free to contact Deborah Tokos at x5222 or Tricia Jewson at x6202.